Top 5 Trends of the 2022-2023 School Year!

When we look back on our high school days, we will want to remember the little things.

Ashley Bendorf, Reporter

As we approach the end of the school year, we often reflect on the events that happened. Unfortunately, the human mind isn’t perfect, and we can forget things. These things can be a big deal, or they can be simple things like trends. In this article, I will examine five trends of the 2022-2023 school year. 

Senior Stella Kneidel poses with her beloved Stanley Cup. (Photo Credits to Ashley Bendorf)

#1: Stanley cups

No, this is not referring to the Stanley Cup of hockey. Stanley cups are the newest water bottle enamoring teenage girls. Stanley cups are almost comically large cups that feature a handle and a straw. While these cups are pretty, they can be knocked over and spilled easily. Nonetheless, the Stanley cup has completely taken over the hydration of teenage girls. 

This is a Lulu Lemon belt bag. (Photo Credits to Ashley Bendorf).

#2: LuluLemon

LuluLemon has been trendy for quite some time, but certain products have taken over the wardrobe of countless girls at STA. The belt bag (also known as a fanny pack) was the go-to bag of the summer. Its easily accessible pockets had the perfect amount of space to hold a phone, wallet, keys, and more. 

The hit TV show, South Park, has made a comeback. (Photo Credits to IMDB).

#3: South Park/Family Guy

With the attention spans of teenagers rapidly decreasing, TikTok creators had to find a way to keep their attention. A common occurrence on the ForYou page was a multi-screen video showing clips from South Park or Family Guy with gameplay from games like Subway Surfers underneath. This phenomenon has now ventured into sitcom television like Young Sheldon or Modern Family. These clips are often posted in multiple parts, and it can be easy to fall down the rabbit hole. 

Taylor Swift performs on tour. (Photo Credits to Getty Images).

#4: Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift has become one of the most popular artists in the world. With the release of her album Midnights, Taylor Swift has broken records left and right. Her Eras tour has caused a lot of drama due to the Ticketmaster crisis, but fans are still having a night to remember at her shows. Swifties dress up for the concert in costumes and references to her songs. Her fans are definitely creative and dedicated. 

This is the poster for the third season of Outer Banks. (Photo Credits to Netflix).

#5: Outer Banks

The newest season of the Netflix hit series, Outer Banks, was released in February of 2023. This season delved into more intense treasure hunting and many thrilling scenes. The season was mostly well-received, but fans definitely preferred earlier seasons. The show’s dialogue is getting somewhat cringy, but fans will continue to watch the show. 

The 2022-2023 school year went by in a flash. Years will go by, and things like trends may slip our memories. Hopefully this article refreshed your recollection of the trends of 2023!