A Homecoming Court Questionnaire

Get to know St. Thomas Aquinas’ Homecoming Court!

Photo courtesy of Michele Gress.

Katie Stegeman, Reporter

ETHAN YOUNG

Ethan Young is involved in many activities at Aquinas such as Boys soccer, The Shield, Investment Club, Album Club, Fashion Club, Cornhole Club, and Halo. Outside of school, he can be found participating in Club soccer and being a referee for youth soccer. He stated that something he couldn’t ever live without is, “No doubt” soccer. Something interesting about Ethan is that he loves listening to and talking about music, as he went to a different concert every week over the summer! Ethan looks forward to homecoming week, especially Homecoming mass.“It’s cool to see the whole school come together to celebrate mass, especially during a week that celebrates Aquinas tradition.” One of Ethan’s favorite Aquinas memories was last year’s Bandage Out Soccer game against St. James. He says, “I had a hat trick in front of our student section, and I’ll never forget being able to celebrate with all of my friends.” 

ELIZABETH MORRISSEY

Elizabeth Morrissey is incredibly involved at Aquinas. Some of her activities include Student Council, HALO, NHS, Peer Mentoring, Key Club, and Mental Health Matters Club. Outside of school, Elizabeth can be found teaching Vacation Bible School at Holy Spirit Catholic Church or working at Robeks Juice Smoothies. Some of Elizabeth’s current favorite obsessions are Pickle Spears for which she stated, “When I go to a restaurant and order a sandwich and they serve me a pickle spear, my day is better by like 1000000%” and Mexican Food, which she expressed that she couldn’t live without at least 2-3 times a week. Elizabeth’s celebrity crush is Flint Lockwood from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, she is “absolutely in love with that man.” Elizabeth looks forward to this Homecoming week, specifically the assembly, she enjoys watching the skits and loves “a good group dance moment or a funny stunt. 

MARY CLARE BONO

Mary Clare Bono is involved in various activities at Aquinas including Key Club, Teens for Life, History Club, and Swim Team! Outside of School she is a swim coach and swim instructor at the Jewish Community Center. That relates to her favorite pick up line, “Do you know CPR? Because you take my breath away!” Some things Mary Clare couldn’t live without are her dog Suzi, and her favorite food: bell peppers! During Homecoming week, Mary Clare looks forward to decorating the halls and making the skit and video. Every year, she looks forward to pictures with Santa and Spring Olympics, with one of her favorite memories at Aquinas being winning the Spring Olympics her Junior year. 

HANNA EPHREM

Hanna Ephrem is very involved in the Student Life at Aquinas, she participates in girls tennis and lacrosse, mentoring, National Honors Society, and National Art Honors Society. She is also a member of the clubs: United Not Divided, Asian Culture Club, Key Club, and Women of Color Club. Outside of school, Hanna helps out at Hope Food Pantry, leads Vacation Bible School, and works at Hawaiian Bros! Something Hanna couldn’t live without, is milk! Something you might not know about her is that her name pronunciation is different than the typical Hanna, it sounds more like huh-na. For homecoming week, Hanna looks forward to decorating the hallways and dressing up for each day’s theme. Looking back, she reminisces about the NHS gift wrapping party her freshman year. “On that day I felt the love between everyone at Aquinas and STA quickly began to feel like home.” 

RUSSELL LOKKO

Did you know that Russell eats a bowl of Cocoa Krispies before he goes to bed every night? Russell Lokko is a top athlete at St. Thomas Aquinas, playing on the Tennis team. Playing sports is something Russell couldn’t live without, which brings him “so much joy.” Another thing he enjoys is listening to podcasts, as it is a good way to relax and learn new things. Russell is looking forward to the Homecoming football game and his favorite tradition at Aquinas is the Alma Mater after games and events. A memory Russell looks back on was the spring assembly, he says that there was an amazing atmosphere.

OWEN PUDENZ

At Aquinas, Owen Pudenz is involved in a variety of ways, including NHS, peer mentoring, the STA presentation team, the Cornhole club, and the Spanish club. He is also a spirit boy and he does CYO basketball. Outside of school, he enjoys hanging out with friends and family, golfing, and going on hikes with his family. Owen likes watching sports like the Chiefs, the Royals, and KU. Owen is excited for homecoming week and looks forward to the assembly because of the class skits and seeing cheer and dance performances. He looks forward to seeing all of the shadow students on Homecoming Friday because they “really get to see what Aquinas is like. I remember shadowing Homecoming Friday and knowing this was the place I wanted to be.” Something Owen couldn’t live without is music. He is “constantly listening to music. I listen to country music only and listen to Zach Bryan, Morgan Wallen, Tyler Childers, etc.” His love of music inspired his favorite pickup line, “I ought to complain to Spotify for you not being named this week’s hottest single.”

MYLES KING

“Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?” Myles King’s favorite pickup line accurately describes his personality, which he brings to his many activities such as boys golf, StuCo, Halo, spirit boys, key club, and cornhole club. Outside of Aquinas, he can be found working at Blue Hills Country Club. He also likes to hang out with friends and try new ice cream shops and restaurants! Myles couldn’t live without Dairy Queen blizzards and he can make a “delectable breakfast burrito”. This Homecoming week Myles is looking forward to decorating hallways and his favorite Aquinas memory was winning Spring Olympics junior year!

KATE KEMPTON

Kate Kempton is very involved in the student life at Aquinas, her various activities include being president of fashion club and a member of green thumb club, history club and corn hole club. She also plays girls lacrosse and sings in chamber choir. Some fun facts about Kate are that she loves the smell of oranges and she has an extra rib! Outside of school, Kate works at a boutique and she enjoys taking pictures and spending time with her friends, and finding cute coffee shops. Kate wouldn’t be able to live without naps and her two celebrity crushes Harry Styles and Ross Lynch. This Homecoming week, Kate is looking forward to the hallway decorating and themed dress days!

ALEX WARD

“Are you a parking ticket? Because you have FINE written all over you!” Alex Ward’s favorite pickup line shows her fun spirit, which she shares with the Aquinas Community through activities such as Track, Cross Country, Key club, Teens for Life, Campus Ministries, Spanish club, National Honors Society, Spanish National Honors Society, and Senior Ambassador! Alex could absolutely not live without her mom and Luke Combs’ music.  Outside of school, Alex enjoys scuba diving, volunteering at St. Mary’s food kitchen, and babysitting. Alex’s favorite part of Homecoming week is, “how bonded and united the grade gets through decorating the hallway and all the various activities.” Alex is most looking forward to this year’s Homecoming dance and Spring Olympics!

**Jeremiah Penney Unavailable for Questions**